Coming leta's News

6. September 2013

”I never called Pillay to marry me” : Mervin Silva

 Minister Mervin Silva says that he never invited the High Commissioner Navi Pillay to marry him.
According to the Minister giving an interview to a newspaper had added that what he had told was to have an attachment to the country. The manner Dullas Alahapperuma had condemned and reacted to his statement; the Minister has expressed his displeasure.

“What I said was not about a marriage but to have an attachment and a relationship with the country. If it hurt anyone I am not a person who will seek pardon for it. I never invited anyone to go to see flower parks or to pluck flowers.” He says he feels a bit suspicious that his colleague Minister and related Minister is having any grudge with me to utter those comments.
As a Sinhalese and a Buddhist I have no anger or grudge for it. He said he always prays for others. Anyhow he wants to remind him that he is a Silva.He added that if anything is said against him he is not a person who will chase behind anyone. However he was offended for the remarks of Dullas Alahapperuma where he had quoted the ages of mothers etc.